1. What happened to the kings of the Amorites, which were on the side of Jordan westward, and all the kings of the Canaanites, which were by the sea?
A. Because of the children of Israel, their heart melted, neither was there courage in them any more
B. Their heart melted, neither was there courage in them any more, because of the LORD your God
C. Their heart melted, neither was there spirit in them any more, because of the children of Israel
2. At that time, what did the LORD tell Joshua to do?
A. Make knives of flint, and circumcise the children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins
B. Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time
C. Take thee to the hill of the foreskins, make thee sharp knives of flint, and circumcise again the children of Israel
3. Who did Joshua Circumcise and where?
A. All the men of Israel at Bibeath-haaraloth
B. The children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins
C. All the people that came out of Egypt while encamped in Gilgal
4. What happened to all the people that came out of Egypt, that were males, even all the men of war?
A. Died wandering in the wilderness, after their disbelief in the LORD
B. Died in the wilderness by the way, after they came out of Egypt
C. Were only allowed to see the promised land, but were prevented from entering therein
5. Were all the people, the males, that came out of Egypt circumcised?
C. We are not told
6. Were all the people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt circumcised?
C. We are not told
7. How long did the children of Israel walk in the wilderness?
A. Forty years
B. Till all that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, had perished
C. Both A and B
8. Why did the men of war perish in the wilderness?
A. They tired of milk and honey and cried for meat
B. Because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD
C. The LORD sware that he would not show them the land because of their unbelief
9. Describe the land "which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us"
A. A land with butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; where thou shalt drink the pure blood of the grape
B. A land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers
C. A land that floweth with milk and honey
10. When they had done circumcising all the people, and they abode in their places in the camp till they were whole, what did the LORD say unto Joshua?
A. All these vessels are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD
B. Behold, the smoke of thine obedience hath ascended up to heaven
C. This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you
11. Wherefore the name of the place is called _____ unto this day
12. The children of Israel _____ on the fourteenth day of the month at even in the plains of Jericho.
A. Made a tribute of a freewill offering
B. Celebrated the feast of unleavened bread
C. Kept the passover
13. What did they eat on the morrow after the passover?
A. Old corn of the land, unleavened cakes, and parched corn
B. Fresh corn from the land, milk and cakes with honey
C. Unleavened bread, fruit of the land and spring water
14. What ceased after they had eaten of the old corn of the land?
A. Fresh dew upon the ground
C. Manna from heaven
15. Of what they did eat that year when the manna ceased?
A. Fruit of the land, which they had not planted
B. Old corn of the land which the LORD had provided
C. The fruit of the land of Canaan
16. What did the "man over against" Joshua have in his hand?
A. His sword drawn
B. A present of milk and honey
C. A trumpet of rams' horns
17. How did the man say that he was now come?
A. As the likeness of Gabriel
B. As an adversary to try him
C. As captain of the host of the LORD
18. What did the man say to Joshua?
A. Remove thy sandals from off thy feet; for the place whereon thou standest is holy
B. Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy
C. Loose they sandals from off thy feet; for thou standest upon a holy place