1. What spake the LORD unto Joshua when all the people were clean passed over Jordan?
A. Build ye here an altar that your children shall know Israel came over this Jordan on dry land
B. Command the priests that bear the ark of the testimony, that they come up out of Jordan
C. Take you twelve men out of the people, out of every tribe a man, and command ye them
2. What were these men commanded to do?
A. Fall on their faces to the earth, and worship for the place whereon the people passed over is holy
B. Take you hence out of the midst of Jordan, out of the place where the priests' feet stood firm, twelve stones, and ye shall carry them over with you, and leave them in the lodging place, where ye shall lodge this night
C. Gather together about forty thousand prepared for war passed over before the LORD unto battle, to the plains before Jericho, that they might fear the LORD your God for ever
3. These stones shall be for a memorial unto the children of Israel as a reminder of what?
A. That Joshua set up the twelve stones in the midst of Jordan, in the place where the feet of the priests which bare the ark of the covenant stood
B. That the feet of the priests which bare the ark of the covenant stood upon dry ground in the midst of the Jordan
C. That the waters of Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD; when it passed over Jordan
4. What did Joshua set in the midst of Jordan, in the place where the feet of the priests which bare the ark of the covenant stood?
A. twelve stones
B. a stone altar
C. his Ebenezer
5. Who was clean passed over the Jordan first?
A. The ark of the LORD passed over, and the priests
B. Joshua and twelve men out of the people, out of every tribe a man
C. All the people
6. The children of which tribes passed over armed before the children of Israel
A. Half the tribe of Manasseh, the children of Reuben, and the children of Gad
B. The children of Reuben, and the children of Gad, and half the tribe of Manasseh
C. The children of Gad, half the tribe of Manasseh, and the children of Reuben
7. How many passed over before the LORD unto battle, to the plains of Jericho?
A. Forty thousand that were men of war, the mighty men of valor
B. About forty thousand prepared for war
C. Eighty thousand faithful unto the LORD
8. On that day the LORD magnified _____ in the sight of all Israel
C. the priests, the Levites
9. What came to pass when the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD were come up out of the midst of Jordan, and the soles of the priests' feet were lifted up unto the dry land?
A. The waters of Jordan returned, and flowed over all her banks, as they did before
B. The waters of Jordan surged greatly, and overflowed all her banks, far exceeding what they did before
C. The waters of Jordan returned unto their place, and flowed over all his banks, as they did before
10. And the people came up out of Jordan on the ___, and encamped _____
A. Tenth day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the east border of Jericho
B. First day of the tenth month, and encamped in Jericho, in the east border of Gilgal
C. First day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the west border of Jericho
11. What did Joshua pitch in Gilgal?
A. Twelve stones out of the place where the priests' feet stood firm
B. Those twelve stones, which they took out of Jordan
C. those twelve stones, which Joshua set up in the midst of Jordan
12. When your children shall ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean these stones? Then ye shall let your children know, saying...
A. Israel came over this Jordan on dry land
B. The priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan
C. All the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan
13. What are the waters "which he dried up from before us, until we were gone over"?
A. The waters of Jordan
B. The Dead sea
C. The Red sea
14. Why had God dried up the waters of Jordan?
A. That their hearts might melt and their spirit remain not in them any more: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven and earth
B. That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever
C. That the LORD might magnify Joshua in the sight of all Israel; that they might fear him, as they feared Moses, all the days of his life