1. What are we told that Joshua did after hearing the report of the spies?
A. Rose early in the morning, sanctified himself and praised the LORD
B. Removed from Shittim, and came to Jordan, he and all the children of Israel, and lodged there
C. Passed over before the people that they might hear the words of the LORD their God and know that the living God is among them
2. How many days passed before the officers went through the host?
3. What did the officers command the people?
A. Hear the words of the LORD your God, hereby ye shall know that the living God is among you and shall be with you even into Jordan
B. When ye see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it
C. Behold, the ark of the covenant of the LORD, born by the priests the Levites, shall pass over before you into Jordan, go ye after it
4. Who was to carry the ark of the covenant of the LORD?
A. The priests
B. The priests of the tribe of Levi
C. The priests, men of the Levites
5. How far away did the people have to say from the ark of the covenant of the LORD?
A. About two thousand cubits by measure
B. A measure of two thousand royal cubits
C. By measure, no closer than two thousand cubits, that they may know the way
6. Who was told to Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders
A. The priests, they who should bear the ark
C. The people
7. What did Joshua tell the priests was to pass over before the people
A. The ark of the covenant of the LORD your God
B. The ark of the covenant
C. The soles of the feet of the priests
8. The LORD magnified Joshua in the sight of all Israel, that they might know that, "as I was with _____, so I will be with thee"
9. What was Joshua to command the priests that bear the ark of the covenant concerning when they
were come to the brink of the water?
A. Ye shall rest the soles of thy feet upon dry ground
B. Ye shall stand still in Jordan
C. Thy feet shall be dipped in the brim of the water, yet remain on dry ground, until all the people are passed clean over Jordan
10. Joshua told the people that God "will without fail drive out from before you..."
A. the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Jebusites, and the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Hivites
B. the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Hivites, and the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Jebusites
C. the Egyptians, and the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites
11. When Joshua said, "Behold, the ark of the covenant of the LORD of all the earth passeth over before you into Jordan", what did he next tell the people to do?
A. Now therefore take you twelve men out of the tribes of Israel, out of every tribe a man
B. Be thee removed from thy tents, to pass over Jordan firm on dry ground
C. Sanctify yourselves: for the LORD dost do wonders among you
12. What would come to pass as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the LORD, the LORD of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of Jordan?
A. The waters of Jordan shall stand upon a heap, being cut off from the waters that come down from above
B. This Jordan, which overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest, shall stand upon an heap and reveal dry ground in the midst
C. The waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand upon an heap
13. Where are we told that the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap?
A. Very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan
B. Beside Zaretan, very near to the city Adam, that the people might witness
C. Nigh unto the city Zaretan, that is beside Adam, twenty thousand cubits by measure
14. What other waters are we told failed, and were cut off?
A. The waters that came up from the sea of salt, even the sea of the plain
B. Those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea
C. The waters down toward the dead sea, the sea of salt
15. Where are we told that the people passed over Jordan?
A. Toward Jericho, under the shadow of the walls
B. In the sight of Jericho, melting the hearts of the inhabitants
C. The people passed over right against Jericho
16. On what kind of ground did the people pass over?
A. All the Israelites passed over on dry ground
B. The Israelites passed over on firm ground, as a witness that the living God is among them
C. They passed over on ground prepared by the LORD as he passed over before the people