1. And Joshua the son of Nun sent out of Shittim _____ men to spy secretly
2. When they went to view the land, where did they lodge?
A. An harlot's house, named Rahab
B. the harlot Rahab's house
C. The house of Rahab, an harlot
3. Why did the spies choose to stay with Rahab?
A. She had showed them kindness, and given them a true token
B. Their hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in them
C. We are not told
4. Who was told that the spies were at Rahab's?
A. The king of Jericho
B. The two kings of the Amorites
C. It was noised about to all the inhabitants of the country
5. How did Rahab respond to the demand to bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are entered into thine house
A. There came no men unto me, and I wist not whence they are
B. The men went out: whither the men went I wot not
C. I wist not whence they are, show kindness unto my father's house I beg of thee
6. What time did Rahab claim that the men went out?
A. At the twelfth hour, at the time of shutting of the gate
B. When it was dark, about the time of shutting of the gate
C. About the time of shutting of the gate, when it was dark
7. Since they had not yet gone out, where she had brought them?
A. Up upon an heap, where they might remain hidden
B. Up to the roof of the house
C. Unto a place where they were passed over
8. In what did she hide them?
A. With the stalks of flax, which she had laid in order
B. With the shocks of wheat, which she had laid by in store
C. With the stalks of flax, which she had strewed about upon the roof
9. She had heard of the destruction of which two kings?
A. Og and Sihon, the two kings of the Amorites
B. Sihon and Og, that were on the near side Jordan
C. the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and
10. She described the LORD their God, she said that he is God...
A. In heaven above, and in earth beneath
B. of the river and also of the sea
C. above the mountains and in the depth of the valley
11. When her people had heard "these things" concerning God, what did she say happened?
A. We were abased, we made not any noise with our voices, neither did any words proceed out of our mouths
B. Our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man
C. they rose early, about the dawning of the day, and cried out for kindness from the LORD
12. What did she request of the spies?
A. Show kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token
B. Entreat ye the LORD, that he might grant me a portion of the land
C. Save alive myself and my family
13. How did the spies get out of the city?
A. She lowered them down by a cord of scarlet thread, for she dwelt upon the wall
B. Showing kindness, she lowered them by a scarlet line: for she dwelt upon the town wall
C. She let them down by a cord through the window: for her house was upon the town wall
14. Where did they go upon leaving the city?
A. The mountain
B. Across Jordan
C. Into a far country
15. By what sign did the spies say the army of Joshua would know which house not to destroy?
A. This cord of scarlet in the window, by which thou didst lower us down
B. This line of scarlet thread in the window which thou didst let us down by
C. These stalks of flax, which would are laid in order upon the roof
16. How many days did the pursuers seek the spies?
17. What report did the spies give to Joshua after they descended from the mountain?
A. The LORD hath truly delivered the land into our hands; all the inhabitants of the country faint because of us
B. Truly the LORD hath delivered into our hands all the land; for even all the inhabitants of the country do faint because of us
C. In truth hath the LORD delivered the land into our hands; for the hearts of all the inhabitants of the country have melted because of us