1. Who was the son of Nun?
2. What did the Lord tell Joshua to do?
A. Go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them
B. Go over this Jordan, thou, the preists, and all this people, unto the land which thou shalt conquer
C. Go over this Jordan, thou, the preists, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them
3. What land did God give the sons of Isarael
A. The land of their possession, promised to Abram
B. All the land East of the Jordan, even unto the great sea
C. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon
4. What were the boundaries to this new promised land?
A. This Lebanon and the wilderness, the river Euphrates, the land of the Hittites, and the great sea toward the going down of the sun
B. The wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun
C. The river Euphrates, the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the rising up of the sun
5. God told Joshua, "There shall _____ be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life".
A. Not any man
B. Only some men
C. Only righteous men
6. What was Joshua told to be?
A. Strong and of a good courage
B. Endued with power and of a willingness to lead
C. Enduring in battle with the Canaanites, in the taking of their lives in battle for the Lord
7. What was Joshua supposed to meditate on day and night?
A. The laws of his tribe
B. The book of the law
C. The law of Moses, given by the Lord
8. What did Joshua command his officers to do?
A. Prepare you victuals; for within three days ye shall pass over this Jordan
B. Pass through the host, and command the people
C. Pass over this Jordan, to go in to possess the land, which the LORD your God giveth you
9. In how many days would they pass over this Jordan?
10. Who was referred to as a half-tribe?
11. What spake Joshua to the Reubenites, and to the Gadites, and to half the tribe of Manasseh?
A. Leave behind ye, in the land which Moses gave you on this side Jordan, your wives, your little ones, and your cattle
B. Ye shall pass before your brethren armed, all the mighty men of valor, and help them
C. Remain ye now in the land of your possession, which Moses the LORD's servant gave you on this side Jordan toward the sunrising, and enjoy it
12. To whom was Joshua speaking when he said, "The LORD your God hath given you rest, and hath given you this land"
A. to the Reubenites, and to the Gadites, and to half the tribe of Manasseh
B. to the Hivites, and to the Perizzites, and to the Girgashites
C. to the Hittites, and to the Amorites, and to the Jebusites
13. What two things had the Lord already given these tribes?
A. Peace and Land
B. Great Victory and Peace
C. Rest and Land
14. And how did they answer Joshua?
A. All that thou commandest us we will do, and whithersoever thou sendest us, we will go
B. The Lord is surely with thee, whithersoever thou sendest us, we will go, and all that thou commandest us we will do
C. All that thou commandest us we will do until the LORD have given our brethren rest, we will go
15. What would happen to whosoever he be that doth rebel against Joshua's commandment, and will not hearken unto his words in all that he commandest him?
A. His heart shall melt, neither shall there remain any more courage in him
B. He shall be put to death
C. His blood shall be upon his own head