1. What did Jacob say to his sons when he saw there was corn in Egypt? (V. 1) B
a. Why are ye standing there?
b. Why do ye look one upon another?
c. Why have ye not done anything?
2. What did Jacob tell his sons to do? (V. 2) A
a. Get you down thither, and buy for us
b. Go to Egypt and buy us some wheat
c. Go ye and work on our irrigation system
3. Who did not go to Egypt to buy corn? (V. 4) C
4. Why did the sons of Israel come to buy corn? (V 5) B
a. They were hungry
b. The famine was in the land of Canaan
c. They wanted to see other parts of the world
5. What two jobs did Joseph have? (V. 6) A
a. governor, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land
b. satrap, and seller of grain
c. Pharaoh’s butler, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land
6. When Joseph’s brothers came before him the first time, what did they do?
(V. 6) B
a. brought a gift from their father
b. bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the ground
c. bowed down themselves before him with their faces on their knees
7. Joseph saw his brothers and knew them, but... (V. 7) C
a. remained unknown to them
b. made himself unknown unto them and spake roughly to them
c. made himself strange unto them and spake roughly unto them
8. After Joseph remembered his previous dreams concerning his brothers, what did
he say to them? (V. 9) C
a. ye are welcome, come buy grain
b. ye are spies; to see the plenty of the land ye are come
c. ye are spies, to see the nakedness of the land ye are come
9. The brothers replied that they came to : (V. 10) B
a. buy slaves
b. buy food
c. buy grain
10. They further protested that they were : (V. 11) A
a. true men, one man’s sons, and no spies
b. good men, sons of different mothers and no spies
c. true men, all brothers, and no spies
11. Denying once again that they were spies, the brothers explained why there
were only ten of them by saying : (V. 13) B
a. the youngest stayed behind, and we sold one into slavery
b. the youngest is this day with our father, and one is not
c. the youngest is this day with our father, and one is devoured by a beast
12. After Joseph declared once again that they were spies, how did he say they
shall be proved? (V. 15) B
a. ye shall not go forth hence, except your father come hither
b. ye shall not go forth hence, except your youngest brother come hither
c. ye shall not go forth hence, except ye wall like an Egyptian
13. What was Joseph’s plan for this test? (V. 16) A
a. send one of them for Benjamin and the rest wait in prison
b. send Reuben for Benjamin and the rest work in the granaries
c. send one of them for Benjamin and the rest return after three days in prison
14. Joseph put all the brothers together in what and for how long? (V. 17) C
a. jail for three days
b. ward for four days
c. ward for three days
15. On the third day, Joseph said to them: ( V. 18) A
a. This do, and live; for I fear God.
b. Go and do likewise and ye shall live.
c. This do, and live; for I fear Ra.
16. What did Joseph charge the brothers to do? (V. 19-20) B
a. Leave one brother behind, and bring back the youngest brother.
b. Leave one brother behind, carry corn home, and bring the youngest brother
C. Return home and bring back your father to buy grain.
17. What did the brothers say to one another when they heard Joseph’s charge?
(V. 21) C
a. We are innocent of our brother’s blood, why dost this happen to us?
b. We are verily guilty concerning our brother...and God has allowed this
distress to come upon us.
C. We are verily guilty concerning our brother...therefore is this distress
come upon us.
18. What did Reuben bring to their remembrance? (V. 22) B
a. their father’s instructions
b. They would not hear when he told them not to sin against the child.
c. that Jacob did not want his youngest son to go to Egypt
19. The brothers did not know that Joseph understood them because : (V. 23) C
a. he was an Egyptian
b. he was a famous ruler
c. he spoke by an interpreter
20. Upon hearing Reuben’s statement, what was Joseph’s reaction? (V. 24) A
a. He wept.
b. He became angry.
c. He put them in ward.
21. Which brother did Joseph bind? (V.24) C
22. What two things did Joseph have put in their sacks? (V. 25) A
a. corn, every man’s money
b. grain, silver cups
c. grain, provisions
23. Where were they when one brother discovered his money in the mouth of
his sack? (V. 27) C
a. in the desert
b. in Canaan
c. in the inn
24. To whom did the brothers attribute (or blame) this action? (V. 28) C
25. When the brothers returned home, they reported that the lord of the land
“took us for...” (V. 30) C
26. What conditions did Joseph set in order to know if they were true men?
(Vs. 33-34) C
a. leave nine of them there, take grain, bring the youngest brother back
b. leave one of them, take corn, bring the father back
c. leave one of them, take food, bring the youngest brother back
27. When they emptied their sacks and each man’s money was in his sack, they
and their father were (V.35) A
28. Jacob said he was bereaved of his children. What three children did he
mention? (V. 36) C
a. Reuben, Dinah, Benjamin
b. Joseph, Benjamin, Reuben
c. Benjamin, Joseph, Simeon
29. What did Reuben offer if he did not return Benjamin? (V. 37) B
a. all his land
b. slay his two sons
c. his birthright
30. What did Jacob say would be the result if he sent Benjamin and mischief
would befall him? (V. 38) B
a. He would slay the sons of Reuben.
b. It would bring down his gray hairs with sorrow to the grave.
C. He would disinherit all his children.