1. What had the king of Jerusalem heard?
A. How Joshua had taken Ai
B. How Jericho had been utterly destroyed, and her king
C. How Joshua had taken Jericho and he had done as much to Ai
2. What had he heard about that the inhabitants of Gibeon had done?
A. Had delivered themselves out of the hand of the children of Israel
B. None of them shall be freed from being bondmen
C. Had made peace with Israel, and were among them
3. Who was the king of Jerusalem who had heard these things?
4. When it came to pass that they heard how the inhabitants of Gibeon had made peace with Israel, why is it said that they feared greatly?
A. Because Gibeon was greater than Ai, and all the men thereof were mighty
B. Because Gibeon was a great city, as one of the royal cities
C. Because all the men of Gibeon were mighty, making it as one of the royal cities
5. Wherefore Adonizedec king of Jerusalem, sent unto which four kings?
A. Hoham, Piram, Japhia, and Debir
B. Hebron, Jarmuth, Lachish, and Eglon
C. Sihon, Og, Jabin, and Jobab
6. He sent to these four and said to come up unto him and what?
A. Make peace with Joshua and with the children of Israel
B. Utterly destroy Gibeon: for it hath made peace with the children of Israel
C. Help me
7. The king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon were the five kings of the _____?
8. These five kings went up, they and all their hosts, and encamped before Gibeon, and made war against it. What did the men of Gibeon do?
A. Took the fords of Jordan toward Moab, and slew at that time about ten thousand men
B. sent unto Joshua to the camp to Gilgal
C. Made a league with them: and the five kings sware unto them
9. And the LORD slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, and chased them along the way that goeth up to where?
10. When Joshua spake to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, what did he say to the sun in the sight of Israel?
A. Haste not to go down about a whole day
B. Stand thee still in the valley of Ajalon
C. Stand thou still upon Gibeon
11. Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, unto the camp to Gilgal. What was it was told Joshua about the five kings?
A. These five kings fled, and hid themselves in a cave at Makkedah
B. The five kings are found hid in a cave at Makkedah
C. Those five kings are hid out in the cave of Makkedah
12. What was the last thing that Joshua said to do to the cave for to keep them?
A. Set men by it
B. Roll many a great stone before the mouth of the cave
C. Lay great stones in the cave's mouth
13. When they brought out those kings unto Joshua, to whom did Joshua say, "Come near, put your feet upon the necks of these kings"?
A. The captains of the men of war
B. All the men of Israel
C. The men of Gibeon
14. They came near, and put their feet upon the necks of them, what happened to the five kings afterward?
A. They were hanged upon five trees until the evening
B. They feared, and were dismayed
C. Joshua smote them
15. At the time of the going down of the sun, when they took the five kings down off the trees, and cast them into the cave wherein they had been hid, and laid great stones in the cave's mouth, that day Joshua took which city?
16. Of which city is it said that Joshua, and all Israel with him, encamped against it, and fought against it?
17. The LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel on which day?
A. The second day
B. That day
C. The day like none before it nor after it
18. Which king came up to help Lachish?
A. Debir king of Eglon
B. Hoham king of Hebron
C. Horam king of Gezer
19.And from Lachish Joshua passed unto which city?
20. All these kings and their land did Joshua take at one time. Why?
A. The LORD did consume all against whom they did fight
B. The LORD God delivered them into his hands
C. The LORD God of Israel fought for Israel
21. Joshua did as the LORD God of Israel commanded and smote them...
A. Throughout all the country of Goshen, even unto the royal city Gibeon
B. In Debir, even as he had done to Eglon
C. From Kadeshbarnea even unto Gaza
22. When Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings, what did he do?
A. Left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed
B. Smote it with the edge of the sword, and the kings thereof
C. Destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein
23. And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him to where?
A. The great city Gibeon
B. Unto the camp to Gilgal
C. The country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon