1. Who was it that gathered themselves together, to fight with Joshua and with Israel, with one accord?
A. the Hittite, and the Amorite, the Lebanite, the Hivite, the Perizzite, and the Jebusite
B. the Geshurite, and the Maachathite, the Amorite, the Giblite, the Canaanite, and the Jazerite
C. the Hittite, and the Amorite, the Canaanite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite
2. What nation heard what Joshua had done unto Jericho and to Ai?
3. These people did work wilily, and went and made as if they had been ambassadors. What did they not do in preparation?
A. took old sacks upon their asses, and wine bottles, old, and rent, and bound up
B. And old sandals and clouted upon their feet, and enclothed upon themselves old raiment
C. And all the bread of their provision was dry and mouldy
4. What did they say when they went to Joshua unto the camp at Gilgal, and to the men of Israel?
A. We be come from a far country: now therefore make ye a league with us
B. We are your servants: therefore now make ye a league with us
C. Behold, we are in thine hand: as it seemeth good and right unto thee to do unto us, do
5. And the men of Israel said unto the Hivites, _____; and how shall we make a league with you?
A. how shall we deliver ye out of the hand of the LORD our God
B. Peradventure ye dwell among us
C. Is not this written of in the book of Jasher
6. What reason did they give for coming "from a very far country"?
A. Because we have heard how the LORD thy God dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt
B. To buy and sell, for tomorrow we will go into such and such a city
C. Because of the name of the LORD thy God: for we have heard the fame of him
7. Who were the two kings of the Amorites, that were beyond Jordan, that they mentioned?
A. Sihon king of Heshbon, Og king of Bashan
B. Hebron king of Jerusalem, Bethel king of Makkedah
C. Lachish king of Oz, Gezer king of Eglon
8. Who did the Hivites say spake to them telling them to come?
A. The inhabitants of our country and all the elders
B. The elder ambassadors of our country and all the inhabitants
C. Our elders and all the inhabitants of our country
9. What were they told to take for the journey?
A. Sacks upon their asses, and wine bottles
C. Bread for their provision
10. What were they told to "say unto them"?
A. We are your servants: therefore now make ye a league with us
B. We are your bondmen: therefore now let us live and make ye a league with us
C. We are come that ye should make a league with us, that peradventure we might become hewers of wood and drawers of water for the congregation
11. What did they take for provision out of their houses?
12. They claimed that the bottles of wine, "which we filled, were new". How were they now?
A. They are become old by reason of the very long journey
B. Behold, they be mouldy
C. Behold, they be rent
13. After hearing their story, what did Joshua do?
A. Took of their victuals, and asked not counsel at the mouth of the LORD
B. Sware unto them by the LORD God of Israel
C. Made peace with them, and made a league with them, to let them live
14. And it came to pass at the end of three days, what did they hear?
A. That they had beguiled them, and dwelt close by to them
B. That they were their neighbors, and that they dwelt among them
C. That their cities were Gibeon, and Chephirah, and Beeroth, and Kirjathjearim
15. Joshua made a league with them, to let them live. What did the princes of the congregation do?
A. Sware unto them
B. Made peace with them
C. Let their wrath be upon them
16. When they came unto their cities on the third day the children of Israel smote them not. Why?
A. Because Joshua made them that day hewers of wood and drawers of water for the congregation
B. Because the princes of the congregation had sworn unto them by the LORD God of Israel
C. Because they had made a league with them, to let them live
17. Who did all the congregation murmur against?
B. the Hivites
C. The Princes
18. In verse 22, And Joshua spake unto them, saying, Wherefore have ye beguiled us, saying, We are very far from you; when ye dwell among us? What did they say they had heard that the LORD had commanded Moses?
A. As it seemeth good and right unto thee do
B. The LORD your God hath delivered your enemies into your hand
C. Destroy all the inhabitants of the land from before you
19. For whom did "the beguilers" become that day hewers of wood and drawers of water?
A. For the congregation, and for the altar of the LORD
B. For Joshua, and for the princes of the congregation
C. the LORD God of Israel, because he delivered them out of the hand of the children of Israel