1. What had the children of Israel done to kindle the anger of the LORD?
A. Asked not counsel at the mouth of the LORD
B. Committed a trespass in the accursed thing
C. Did rest from war
2. Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai...they returned to Joshua. What was included in their report?
A. We were in our own sight as grasshoppers
B. Stretch out the spear that is in thy hand toward Ai
C. Make not all the people to labor thither; for they are but few
3. So there went up thither of the people about three thousand men to Ai. What did the men of Ai do to them?
A. Smote them in the going down
B. Melted the hearts of the people as water
C. Smote thirty and six men of them
4. What did Joshua and the elders of Israel do after learning of the defeat at Ai?
A. Made a league with them, to let them live
B. Turned again, and slew the men of Ai
C. Put dust upon their heads
5. What was part of the question that Joshua asked of God?
A. Wherefore hast thou at all brought this people over Jordan?
B. Behold, are we not in thine hand?
C. Ought not every good thing which the LORD has spoken come to pass?
6. What did Joshua fear the Canaanites and all the inhabitants of the land should do when they shall hear of it?
A. Pursue after them the way to Jordan unto the fords
B. Environ us round, and cut off our name from the earth
C. Slay them with a very great slaughter, till they were consumed
7. And the LORD said unto Joshua, "_____"
A. Tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me
B. Get thee up; wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face?
C. Why hast thou troubled me?
8. Who would the LORD take to identify the one who had sinned??
A. Twelve men out of the people, out of every tribe a man
B. They that abode in their places in the camp
C. the tribe, the family, the household
9. What shall happen to he that is taken with the accursed thing?
A. Be burnt with fire, he and all that he hath
B. Be stoned with stones
C. Be raised over him a great heap of stones
10. Which tribe was taken?
11. What family of the tribe was taken?
A. Family of the Zarhites
B. Family of the Zedikites
C. Family of the Carmites
12. Whose was taken when the family of the Zarhites was brought man by man?
13. What did Achan tell Joshua he had done?
A. Sinned against God
B. Thus and thus
14. What did Achan not take from among the spoils?
A. A goodly Babylonish garment
B. Three hundred shekels of silver
C. A wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight
15. Where did Achan say the things he had coveted and took were?
A. Under the silver in the midst of our tent
B. North of the city in the midst of the valley
C. In the earth in the midst of my tent
16. Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold and what else?
A. His sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had
B. All that he had, his livestock, his sons and his daughters
C. His sons, and his wife, and his daughters, his oxen, asses and sheep and all that he had
17. What did Joshua say to Achan at this point?
A. Thou hast troubled us greatly, this day shall the LORD trouble thee
B. My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel
C. Why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day
18. What did all Israel do after Joshua spoke to Achan?
A. Stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire
B. Rent his clothes, stoned him, and burned him with fire
C. Burned him with fire and raised over him a great stone heap
19. What did they raise over him?
A. A great heap of stones unto this day
B. A heap of twelve stones, which had been pitched in Gilgal
C. A heap of great stones that is there unto this day
20. So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Wherefore the name of that place was called, _____, unto this day.
A. The valley of Achan
B. The valley of Ajalon
C. The valley of Achor