6 - Noah and the ark.
I. Wickedness multiplies as man multiplies - v.1-7.
A. Sons of God - Daughters of men.
2. Mighty men.
B. Because of sin God limited man to 120 yrs.
1.The imagination of the thoughts of man was only evil continually.
2. It repented the Lord that he had made man.
3. God planned to destroy man.
C. Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord & He commands Noah to build an ark
1. Noah was just and perfect in his generations and walked with God.
2. Noah had 3 sons - Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
3. God gave Noah specifications for ark.
(a) Made of Gopher wood.
(b) Rooms to be in it.
(c) To be pitched within & without.
(d) Length- 300 Cubits; Breadth - 50 cubits; Height - 30 cubits.
(e) 1 window and 1 door.
(f) 3 stories high.
4. Earth to be destroyed by flood.
5. Noah, his wife, 3 sons (Shem, Ham, and Japheth) and their wives to be saved and a covenant was established.
6. Male & female of every kind to be taken in ark.
7. Food to be taken in ark.
II. Noah did all that God commanded him v.22.