• The multitude followed because they saw His miracles which he did on them that were diseased.
• Jesus asked Phillip "Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?" (v.5)
• "To prove Him: for He himself knew what He would do." (v.6)
• When Jesus lifted up His eyes and saw a great company. (v.5)
• Phillip said, "Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little."
• Andrew, (Simon Peter's brother) said a lad had five barley loaves and two small fishes
• Jesus told them to make the about 5,000 men sit down in the much grass. (v.10)
• Jesus took the loaves and fishes and gave thanks then distributed them to the disciples and the disciples distributed them to the men who had been seated.
• When they were filled Jesus told his disciples to gather up the fragments that nothing be left.
• They gathered 12 baskets of fragments of five barley loaves. (v.13)
• The men who saw the miracle said, "This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world."
• Jesus perceived they would make Him a king by force He departed into a mountain alone
• The day following Jesus feeding the 5000. (v.22)
• There was no boat and Jesus did not go with His disciples. (v.22)
• There were other boats nigh. (v.23)
• They took shipping and came to Capernaum. (v.24)
• They asked, "Rabbi, when camest thou hither?" (v.25)
• Jesus said, "... Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves and were filled."
• He said, "Labor not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life."
• This meat comes from the Son of man whom the Father had sealed (v.27)
• The people asked, "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?"
• "This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent." (v.29)
• "What sign shewest thou? What doest thou work?" Our father ate Manna in the desert. (vv.30,31)
• Moses gave not bread from Heaven but the Father gives true bread. (v.32)
• Come to Him and never hunger. (v.35)
• Believe on Him and never thirst. (v.35)
• Ye also have seen me and believe not. (v.36)
• All the Father gives me come and I will never cast out. (v.37)
• Jesus came from Heaven to do the will of the one who sent him. (v.38)
• Father's will
-all that He gives me I shall lose nothing. (v.39)
-everyone who seeth the Son and believeth may have everlasting life and be raised at the last day. (v.40)
• No one can come except the Father draw him. (v.44)
• Those drawn will be raised at the last day. (v.44)
• Those taught of God who hear and learn come unto Him. (v.45)
• Only the one come from God has seen the Father. (v.46)
• Believe on Him and have everlasting life. (v.47)
• Jesus said "I am the bread of life". (v.48)
• Eat manna = die, eat bread from heaven=not die. (vv.49,50)
• Jesus said He is the living bread. (v.51)
• Eat this bread and live for ever. (v.51)
• The bread is His flesh which He gives for the life of the world. (v.51)
• "What and if ye see the son of man ascend". (v.62)
• Spirit quickeneth and flesh profiteth nothing. (v.63)
• His words are spirit and life. (v.63)
• There were some who believe not. (v.64)
• He knew from the beginning who would not believe and who would betray Him. (v.65)
• Many went back and walked with Him no more. (v.66)